Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Dirt


 Yesterday was beautifully warm and inviting.


Bob decided to do some work on a project he'd begun earlier.


Whatever made this tunnel -- chipmunk, mole, or vole -- didn't seem to be home. 


So Bob came to lend moral support as I cleared off the asparagus bed and pulled up collard and kale stalks


So much to see and smell . . .


I love the smell of dirt in the Spring -- and the feel of it on my fingers. 
I suspect that it has some magical special powers . . .

No, I'm not going all New Age on you -- there is some scientific evidence to back me up-- see this article HERE.


8 comments:

Ms. A said...

Do you walk barefoot outdoors? (other than the first snow)

Vicki Lane said...

No, because there are lots of little rocks. Growing up in Florida, however, I went barefoot all summer

Brian Miller said...

ah i think spring itself is magical...but something happens when you put your hands to the dirt for sure...

Barbara Rogers said...

Hey, Science (with a capital letter) started out with alchemy, which was a great merging of philosophy, witchcraft, chemestry, astrology and magic. So I'm happy that you're enjoying DIRT!

Frances said...

What you write about dirt rings true with me. Seems like Bob is also in agreement.

xo

Thérèse said...

Yes it is magic. Here in Toulouse we rely on farmers markets...

Jime said...

I like good rich dirt. I've not eating any just touching it. Ole Bob is the best, snout all dirty and a big smile.

Folkways Note Book said...

Your dog Bob is a sweet looking dog. And of course he is doing what all good dogs love to do -- dig down that hole where he suspects some critter went. -- barbara