Thursday, February 26, 2015

Weather Event . . .


A good time to stay in and write . . . or (groan) get the tax stuff sorted.

In the immortal words of the Beatles:

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
Cause I'm the taxman, yeah the taxman
And you're working for no one but me.

Exit humming . . .


5 comments:

Ms. A said...

Still have to get ours done, been putting it off. *sigh

Brian Miller said...

oy, yeah i got to do taxes still as well...snowed in again today too....

Barbara Rogers said...

I don't know whether it's good new or not that 40 is forecast here by noon. Of course we will wait and see...

Frances said...

Vicki, back when a refund seemed more likely, I would do my taxes in February. Nowadays, that chore can wait until mid-March.

I liked your down the rabbit hole post so much. It's grand to see how a creative seed can be planted.

After the gift of 38 degrees yesterday afternoon, we are back into the deep freeze again today. Very tiresome.

xo

Jime said...

Tax me now and tax me late then feed me to the alligator